International Conference on Contemporary Problems of Law
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies along with the Center For European Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań is honored to invite you to take part in the International Conference titled "Contemporary Problems of Law".
The conference will be held on Saturday, February 5, 2022, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CEST) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference aims to explore the breadth and depth of problems and challenges lawyers, lawmakers, law interpreters, and legal scholars face across areas such as domestic law, international law, constitutional law, criminal law, civil law, administrative law, and more.Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (based on chronological and geographical criteria).
WHAT IS IT FOR?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan; Center For American Studies Director of Academic Affairs)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION - INFORMATION
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/7uw7n6ARL369xV58A
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on January 26, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by January 31, 2022 at the latest.We reserve the right to select abstracts. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by January 27, 2022.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/CpzJJBPVNDfA5oax9
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on January 29.
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by February 1, 2022 at the latest (you will know the conference schedule and speakers by then).
SPEAKERS (2 options)
• Traditional certificate sent via post – 219 PLN / 49 EUR
–– OR ––
• Digital certificate sent via e-mail – 199 PLN / 45 EURPASSIVE PARTICIPANTS (AUDIENCE)
• Traditional certificate sent via post – 129 PLN / 29 EUR
–– OR ––
• Digital certificate – PLN 109 / 25 EURImportant! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: "
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference. Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission);
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Mr. Alex Statkevych, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the conference!