II International Conference "Contemporary Problems of Law"
Częstochowa, ul. Zbierskiego 2/4
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For European Studies and the Center For American Studies in partnership with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, is honored to invite you to take part in the 2nd International Conference titled "Contemporary Problems of Law".
The conference will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2023, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CEST) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference aims to explore the breadth and depth of problems and challenges lawyers, lawmakers, law interpreters, and legal scholars face across areas such as domestic law, international law, constitutional law, criminal law, civil law, administrative law, and more. Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (based on chronological and geographical criteria).
WHO IS IT FOR?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION - INFORMATION
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) and filling in the Speaker Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/tRWxfgSBWLJUvE1p8
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on February 23, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by February 26, 2023 at the latest.We reserve the right to select abstracts.The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by February 24, 2023.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/JfGKXjjkYxgPgEiN8
• Submission of the Audience Registration Form should be done by 23.59 on February 26, 2023. Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail.
• The fee must be paid by March 1, 2023 at the latest (Don’t worry! You will have a chance to see the conference schedule with a full list of speakers and the names of their presentations before submitting a conference fee).
➤ Speakers – 2 options: 229 PLN / 55 EUR - traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
199 PLN / 45 EUR - digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (the equivalent of the traditional certificate).
➤ Audience – 2 options:
139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (the equivalent of the traditional certificate). Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*:
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference. In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such a possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please notify the Conference Coordinator that you would like to obtain an invoice *before* making the conference fee payment; you will not be able to receive an invoice if you request it later).
• The fee is non-refundable.
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference.
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers).
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference).
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference.
• Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference to *ALL* participants.
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission).
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Yana Sergej, email@example.com.See you at the conference!