3rd International Conference "Contemporary Problems of Law & Economics"
Częstochowa, ul. Zbierskiego 2/4
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For European Studies along with the Center For American Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 3rd International Conference titled "Contemporary Problems of Law & Economics".
The conference will be held on Saturday, July 1, 2023, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CEST) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The exact length of the conference will depend on the number of speakers. In the event of a large number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference to July 2, 2023.
➡️THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
The main focus of this conference is to discuss the key problems of law and economics in the 21st century. While we expect most of the presentations to touch upon the legal and economic problems in Europe and the United States, we are open to hear presentations on other parts of the world.
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon selected problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (based on chronological and geographical criteria).
Example research areas:
• globalization – its effects and current trends
• legal and socio-economic consequences of Russia's invasion of Ukraine
• recessions and economic downturns
• BRICS countries – emerging market economies
• how can the law become more economically effective?
• monetary policy in the 21st century
• regulation of the banking sector
• global poverty and inequalities
• poverty in particular nation-states
• the exhaustion of non-renewable resources and new sources of energy
• legal and economic problems of labor markets in Poland, Europe, the U.S., and the world
• social, political, and economic aspects of the functioning of the justice systems in the United States, Europe, and the rest of the world
• methodological problems in law and economics
• and many more!
➡️WHO IS IT FOR?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
➡️ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION - INFORMATION
➤ REGISTRATION STEPS FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/7AZWzWstzaYFwQe59
• Registration should be performed by 23.59 on June 20, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by June 23, 2023 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by June 21, 2023.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/oWgXYdvfcFKcYUXU6
• Registration should be done by 23.59 on June 23, 2023
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate)
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail
• The fee must be paid by June 25, 2023 at the latest (Don't worry! You will get to see the conference schedule and presentation titles of all speakers by then).
➤ Speakers – 2 options:
✔ 229 PLN / 55 EUR - traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 199 PLN / 45 EUR - digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (equivalent of the traditional certificate).
➤ Audience – 2 options:
✔ 139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (equivalent of the traditional certificate).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: "
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the speakers separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please make your request in the registration form and e-mail the Conference Coordinator – requests made later may not be satisfied)
• The fee is non-refundable
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers)
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail up to two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference (you will get them by mid-September).
• Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference to *all* participants.
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission)
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Mr. Anatolii Tymchenko, at email@example.com.
See you at the conference!