The 4th International Interdisciplinary Conference ‘Food and Drink as a Gift’
We would like to inform you that the deadline for the upcoming “Food and Drink as…” Conference, which will be held in Krakow on 12-13 October 2023 has been extended to 10 June 2023. The conference is organised by Pedagogical University of Krakow together with Technological University Dublin.
“Food and Drink as…” conferences have been organised since 2015 and attracted participants from all around the world to discuss the significance of food and drink from various perspectives. The theme of the 4th international conference is Food and Drink as a Gift.
We welcome original and thought-provoking papers that address the theme from a wide range of perspectives, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Culinary traditions and the role of food in cultural exchange
• The art of cooking and presentation as a form of gift-giving
• The impact of food as a gift on community building and social connections
• The sustainability and ethical considerations of food production and gifting
• The history and evolution of food as a gift in different societies and cultures
• The role of technology and innovation in the food industry and gift-giving
• The connection between food as a gift and health, wellness, and nutrition
• The business and economic aspects of the food industry and gift-giving
• The psychology of giving and receiving food as a gift
• The future of food as a gift in a rapidly changing world
• Food and drink as a symbol of hospitality and generosity
• The cultural and social meanings of food and drink gifts
• The intersection of food and drink gifts with gender, class, and race
• The role of food and drink in contemporary gift-giving practices
• Food and drink gifts in religious and ritual contexts
• The impact of globalization on food and drink gifts
If interested in presenting a paper, please complete our Online Registration on the conference website: https://foodanddrinkas.weebly.com/ and submit an abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 June 2023. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and should clearly state the research question, methodology, and significance of the proposed paper. Please include the author's name, affiliation, contact information, and a brief biography of the presenter or presenters. All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the field, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 15th June 2023.
Detailed information can be found on the conference website - foodascurse.weebly.com
The Conference Organisers